Tuesday, December 29, 2009

L I F E


Gripped between emotions and reality
I watch myself bleed uncontrollably
All I can do is witness the carnage
Yet I can no longer feel the pain

I am too dead to feel how it feels to be alive
I am too pale to bleed any longer

As I kneel before my very own grave
And caress my hand through the wild orchids
Planted on the carpet of uneven earth
That conceals my frozen body some six feet below

I feel a wave of melting flashbacks
Rushing past my mind
Taking me through the times
When I used to laugh; I used to cry

It is all over now
Everyone has left

I do not even have
My shadow with myself now
That once used to be
My most faithful companion

All that I have with me now
Are albums of memories
That I now silently watch
To remind myself
Of my good old days
When I was once young

Although I feel homesick
And very lonesome
I understand it will take some time
To gradually get used to all this

All I tell myself whenever I feel sad is:

“This is reality
This is the truth…”

No comments: