Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mixed Emotions


I want to free my soul
Once and forever
I want to put to rest
My exhausted heartbeats

I guess I’ve pushed myself
Beyond the edge of limitations
And now I’m finding it unbearable
To hold on to dear life any longer

I know I’ve been pretending
All this time that I'm strong enough
To overcome any storm
Come what may

I know I didn’t have a choice
Because I never stood a chance
To have trudged so far
With simply nothing at all

I don’t feel like closing my eyes
To never wake up tomorrow
Leaving unfinished business to settle

I wish to taste the last feeling
Of leaving forever
With my eyes wide open

I don’t know if I’m happy
I don’t know if I’m sad
I just feel so numb right now
That I can’t feel a thing

Nothing lasts forever
Nobody lives forever
Everything that has ever begun
Has its ultimate end waiting
Until it is over

No comments: