Wednesday, December 26, 2007

::Loss::


The scent of fresh roses still remained stained upon the dry canvass of memories of a glowing morning in spring…

That was a long time ago and I cannot recall when it happened next. It is still winter here but I cannot wait any further for spring to arrive and unwrap its surprises.

Each time I look outside the window of my inner world, my eyes search for the faces I may never get to see again in this lifetime. Yet, it is an amazing truth that we cannot deny when we come across strangers and our hearts tend to skip a beat or our eyes refuse to blink. Deep inside, something stirs and melts those frozen memories of a lost loved who left leaving a deep scar as a parting gift.

It is even more moving when we gradually forgive and forget our dark pasts to slowly breathe deeper into the waiting arms of the foggy future filled with empty pockets of uncertainty and strange people who eventually stay with us as faithful friends to the very end of our incomplete stories and complete it with their incomplete selves…

Coming back to myself, I close my eyes each time fate forces me to part with a soul who had been a part of my weak heart for some time. I express my tears, bereavement and respects in solitary confinement as I sit back and watch the reel flashing back frames of our good & bad times we shared together.

For a fact, I have always believed in life to be even more surprising that the blushing spring. Being a slow learner yet a perfectionist, I gradually learnt to brave the wraths of parting and walk tall by faking a smile to hide my true emotions.

Loss – it cannot be any worse than the word itself. But somewhere deep inside my mind, it keeps bringing back the scent of fresh roses in the form of memories I cherish and pay tribute…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that word " LOSS " is only 4 letter, but it's very powerful and really pain for life.
I like this post.