Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kaleidoscope

There were times when I used to wonder lying in bed whether it would be better to die now or spend the remains of my time dreaming about living another day and evade this sinking feeling of coldness as my grip on dear life kept loosening.

Those were the days – dark, scary and yet so unbelievably real. I survived that haunting ordeal where I often used to feel myself as if a large lump of weight was chained to one of my feet and I was quickly sinking deeper down into the deep dark ocean of oblivion from where perhaps, I was unable to find myself.

At times I used to identify myself as nothing more than a prisoner of fate – blindfolded, gagged and shackled from my freedom except to just breathe. As destiny continued transporting & trading me for my skills from unknown places to unusual places still; my exhausted eyes still searched for those familiar faces in the unfamiliar crowd of faces that I kept stumbling upon every moment that I lived during those times.

The internal perspective of Life is nothing less than a kaleidoscope – full of broken pieces, bleeding emotions, shattered dreams, hopeless hopes and memories wrapped in pain.

No comments: